IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT REMINDERS FOR THE MASQ JR FALL FESTIVAL
Please share relevant information from this document with all competitors. Please note that all times listed are
– The most recent is posted on SpeechWire https://www.speechwire.com/cschedule.
php?tournid=10321. We will be using a ‘closed round’ format for this contest, meaning that no spectators (contestants, coaches, parents, etc) are able to watch and judges will watch/rank them privately.
*ACCESS TO UPDATES
Speechwire — https://www.speechwire.com/c-subscribe.php?tournid=10321 (competitors, coaches and
judges can receive email or text message updates on the pairings)
Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/events/285559579515085/
Website — https://www.theperfectperformance.com/themasq/
Twitter — @TheMASQ1
– Our opening remarks will be posted at the sites listed above on Thursday evening
around 6 pm.
DEC=23, DI=13, DUO=3, OO=10, HI=16, INFO=18, POE=23, PRO=42, STY=15,
TVC=25. There are 140 competitors from 17 teams.
– After breaks are posted, we will release prelim ballots to the coach on record via their
SpeechWire accounts. Final round ballots will be posted after the tournament.
– Our tiebreaking procedures for all events are posted here —
– We are breaking directly to finals in all events EXCEPT Prose, Declamation
and TV Commercial, which will have semis and finals. Duo will be prelims only.
– We will post finalist breaks on the sites mentioned above on Friday at 8 pm and then again
Saturday at 12 noon.
– The awards ceremony will be posted on Saturday at 7 pm CST at our various websites.
*COACH NAMES FOR AWARDS
– If you wish to designate a specific coach’s name to be announced at the
award ceremony, please log in to your account, and after selecting The MASQ, on the far right of the page, you
will see the registration button “Enter Coach Name.” Please do so at your earliest convenience!
– We will announce our top scoring teams as part of the award ceremonies. Teams
will earn 40 points for a first-place finish in each event, decreasing by 2 points to 30 points for sixth place.