IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT REMINDERS FOR THE MASQ 2023
Please share relevant information from this document with all competitors. Please note that all times listed are
– The most recent is posted on SpeechWire: https://www.speechwire.com/c-
*ACCESS TO UPDATES
(competitors can receive email or text message updates on the pairings)
– Our opening remarks will be posted at the sites listed above on Friday evening
around 6 pm.
DI=29, DUO/DA=23, EXT=17, HI=26, INF=37, OO=38, POI=29, POE=15, PRO=6. There are 181 competitors from 28 schools.
– After breaks are posted, we will release prelim ballots to the coach on record via the SpeechWire account. Elimination round ballots will be posted as each is completed.
–Our tiebreaking procedures for all events are posted here — https://www.speechwire.com/
– We are breaking a varying number of entries in each of the events. Those breaks are as follows:
OO – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
DI – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
HI – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
POI – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
INF – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
DUO – 12 in Semis, 6 in finals
POE – 6 in finals
EXT – 6 in finals
PROSE – Prelims only
NIETOC BID LEVELS
– Finalists in all NIETOC events receive an automatic qualification to the 2023 tournament.
We will post semifinals and finals contestants in a video format on the sites mentioned above at the following times:
-Semifinals posted by 4 pm CST on Friday, Feb 3
-Finals posted by 12 noon CST on Saturday, Feb 4
– The awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, February 5 at 7 pm CST. This will be recorded and posted..
– We will announce our top scoring teams as part of the award ceremonies. Teams will earn 40 points for a first-place finish in each event, decreasing by 2 points to 30 points for sixth place. Non-advancing semifinalists receive 7.5 points